Montenegro: RES incentives amounted to 7.5 million euros in the first half of 201822.Feb 2019.
According to the data published by Montenegrin electricity market operator COTEE, the incentives for the production of electricity from renewable sources amounted to around 7.5 million euros in the first half of 2018.
The current support scheme for inciting electricity production from renewable sources started in May 2014 and almost 15 million euros was paid to eligible producers since, of which some 4.5 million euros in 2017. The largest share was received by the country’s first wind farm Krnovo. which was commissioned last November, about 57 % or 4.3 million euros, while the remaining 43 % was paid to the operators of 12 small hydropower plants (SHPP).
Among the owners of small hydropower plants under the support scheme, Hidroenergija Montenegro, which operates SHPPs Bistrica, Jezerstica, Orah, Rmus, Spaljevici and Sekular received around 1.5 million euros, Kronor received 1.1 million euros for SHPPs Jara and Babino Polje, Hidro Bistrica received some 300,000 euros for electricity produced at SHPP Bistrica, Igma Energy received 270,000 euros for SHPPs Bradavec and Pisevska Reka, and Synergy was paid 110,000 euros for SHPP Vrelo.